Glenstrup Lake and angling
Glenstrup Lake is 4-5 kilometers east to west making it very senistive to wind. Along the lake, you'll find three points enabling boat fishing - no matter the direction of the wind.
With its 384 hectares, Glenstrup Lake is the largest in Northern Jutland, and also one of the steepest with a depth of approx. 35 meters, and is therefore a very popular place for anglers.
Protected seasons and minimum size for the fish:
|Fish||Proteced season||Minimum size|
|Trout||16/11 - 15/1||40 cm.|
|Pickerel||1/4 - 30/4||60 cm|
|White Fish||1/11 - 31/1||36 cm|
|Eel||Not allowed to catch||-|
Regulations and rules for fishing in Glenstrup Sø
- everybody must have both the states fishing license and a special license for Glenstrup Lake in order to fish
- the license is private, and time fixed. It must be brought at all times, and shown when asked.
- signs, protected and forbidden areas must be respected. Areas marked with RED is forbidden.
- only rod and line can be used for fishing in Glenstrup Lake
- NO eel fishing
- Sailers must show consideration for others, and speed cannot exceed 5 knobs
- NO fishing and sailing within 25 meters from shore
- sailing is only allowed according to agreement with respective landowner
- laws for fishing, sizes etc. must be respected.
- clean up after yourself.
Fishing licences for Glenstrup can bo bought online here
- 1 day: DKK 60,-
- 1 week: DKK 250,-
- 6 months: DKK 350,-
- 1 year: DKK 500,-
- free for seniors and children under 15 years
Check out GlenstrupSø.dk for further information