The outer walls of the church overlooking the broad of Louns Bredning are made of large medieval bricks, the inner walls are raw fieldstones.
The church dates back to around 1300 and in spite of its Norman outlay it bears signs of early Gothic style.
A bell frame holding a bell from 1684 was erected to the west of the church.
The altarpice is a replica of Carl Bloch's painting showing The Resurrection. The baptism front is Norman style made in granite with a plain bowl.